- Multitrack hardware sequencer with USB, MIDI, CV, and DIN sync connectivity
- Store up to 128 full projects for instant recall
- 16 sequencer tracks, each can hold 64 patterns
THE HEARTBEAT OF YOUR SETUP
- Unlock limitless creativity with the SQUID multitrack sequencer. Part of our TORAIZ series of musical instruments and production equipment, this inspiration tool will be the heartbeat of your studio and live setups. The SQUID will control your workflow and give you the chance to develop new styles of music as you create unique sequence patterns and phrases at the touch of a button. Connect, sync and simultaneously control up to 16 instruments via its multiple input/outputs. The terminals are compatible with various equipment, from your DAW and hardware instruments to modular synths, vintage synthesizers and drum machines.
- Perfect for on-the-fly music production, the layout and controls are effortless to navigate so your ideas will come to life the moment inspiration strikes. This production tool enables you to randomize sounds, sequences, and drums – all in key. Access endless polyrhythmic-looping options and instantly change the playback direction and speeds. With the world-first Groove Bend feature, you’ll really feel the groove as you generate original rhythms in real time. And by controlling everything in one place, you can focus on developing phrases.
Have fun creating phrases by tapping the 16 multicolored LED rubber pads in the Step Edit section. Set step parameters and play live as if the pads were keys on a keyboard. Combine various sequence functions such as Interpolation and Harmonizer to help build your sounds.
ARRANGE PHRASES IN REAL TIME
Rearrange phrases you’ve created in the Step Edit section to craft your ideas the instant they spring to mind. Enhance your sounds with performance features, such as Running Direction, Speed Modulation, and Groove Bend.
SAVE YOUR “HAPPY ACCIDENTS”
The SQUID records performance information in the background so you’ll never lose phrases you create accidentally. When you’re experimenting and hear something you love, use the Time Warp feature to recall and save it as a sequence pattern for your next track.
CONNECT VARIOUS INSTRUMENTS
The SQUID has a USB B terminal, MIDI terminals, 2 sets of CV/Gate outputs, and Clock and DIN Sync input/output terminals. This means you can combine the power of your DAW with modern, modular and vintage synths, as well as drum machines. Signals are converted automatically.
IMPORT AND EXPORT FAST
Quickly transfer sequence patterns, projects and Midi clips between the SQUID and your PC or Mac with the SQUID Manager function. Easily import a sequence pattern created on your DAW to the SQUID, instinctively arrange it using the sequencer’s features, and return it to your DAW.
- AC adaptor
- Power cord
- Quick Start Guide
- 1 MIDI IN
- 1 MIDI OUT
- 1 MIDI THRU / OUT
1 USB B port
CV / GATE
- 2 CV OUT (V/Oct, Hz/V) CV output range: 1V, 2V, 5V, 10V, ±5V (V/Oct) / 8V (Hz/V）
- 2 GATE OUT (V-Trigger, S-Trigger) GATE output range: 5V, 10V (V-Trigger)
- Width 374.8 mmH
- eight 223.9 mmD
- epth 72.1 mmW
- eight 1.9 kg
- Maximum number of tracks 16 tracksM
- aximum number of patterns per track 64 patternsM
- aximum number of steps per track 64 stepsS
- tep resolution Quarter note Eighth note Sixteenth note Twenty-fourth note Thirty-second noteM
- aximum number of notes per step (polyphony) 8 notesM
- aximum number of projects 128 projects